Just a few tips for everyone, not sure which plugins to use:
- Don't use factions! There are already many tekkit servers using it to reduce the work for staff, but there are better ways to manage your server.
- Don't allow raiding or griefing! Believe me, it's horrible when you got nearly all advanced machines and the enxt day you look everything is griefed!
- Use whitelist and try to find out who is that guy wanting to join your server. If you have a thread on MC or tekkit forums, you might want to look if the player applied for other server and if he was banned/taken from whitelist.
- Don't let your users get bored, then there's a high chance of them leaving your server, maybe even forever! Always remember, you need them but they don't need you!
- Have trusted staff! The worst thing ever is having an admin who griefes and blames others or even someone who uses commands to steal items or blow up your server.
- Don't let noobs use a nuclear reactor! Should be self-explaining...
- Deny many Equivalent Exchange items or disable it completely! Some EE items and blocks can be very power- and harmful and could be used as griefing tools!
That should be all for now, I might add more.