|Mod Included||Equivalent Exchange|
Red Matter Omni-tools both have 4 charge levels, increasing Tool left click speed by a factor of its charge and increasing the effectiveness of all tool abilities (damage, AoE and speed) by a factor. Pressing V will charge the Red Katar.
- Left click on a sheep or mooshroom - shears the animal, and has a small chance of cloning the animal.
- Right click on a tree - Breaks all wood and leaf blocks in the area of the Player.
- Right click on leaves - Shears all leaf blocks in the area of the Player, dropping them as items.
- Right click on grass - Tills all dirt in the area of effect.
- [Release Charge] on an entity - Area of Effect death swing. In the Nether, this function will kill all zombie pigmen in a spawn "pod" regardless of the distance individual pigmen are from each other.
- Pressing the [Change Mode] button will change the mode of the death swing between Slay-All and Slay-Agro.
When the Red Katar is used as a sword it deals 11.5 hearts of damage.
There is a known glitch where if you right click on a block that has no abilities, other players in SMP will see you blocking with the red katar until you switch it out.
When attacking a sheep, it deals very low damage, because it automatically uses the shear function. This can be fixed by using AoE. Alternatively, the Red Morning Star will usually kill them in one hit.
Note that when using the AoE ability for the Katar, you may cause the game to lag/crash, so please use caution when doing so.
The recipe will need a red matter sword, shears, axe and hoe. You will also need five extra red matter.