The Alchemical Chest functions identically to a standard Chest, with the added bonus of a 104 slot storing capacity. It has the third largest storing capacity of any single chest in Tekkit, only 4 slots behind both the Diamond Chest and the Crystal Chest. If placed next to a Dark Matter Furnace or a Red Matter Furnace, all smelted items (if they are in 64 stacks) within those furnaces will be automatically placed into the Alchemical Chest.
Certain power items have effects when placed inside the Alchemical Chest:
- Talisman of Repair: Repairs any damaged item inside at a rate of one damage point per second.
- Gem of Eternal Density: Condenses items at rate of 10 items per second.
- Black Hole Band: Pulls in dropped items from a 7 block radius.
- Void Ring: Combines the abilities of the Gem of Eternal Density and the Black Hole Band.
- In your inventory, the Alchemical Chest appears like a chest from the Minecraft beta 1.7.3 and older versions but with the Alchemical Chest texture on it, just like it would have appeared in Tekkit V1 or in EE1.